ភ្លើងឆេះព្រៃ គឺជាភ្លើងឆេះមួយដែលមិនអាចគ្រប់គ្រងបាននៅក្នុងតំបន់ភ្នំដែលសំបូរដោយព្រៃឈើ។ Other names such as brush fire, bushfire, forest fire, desert fire, grass fire, hill fire, peat fire, vegetation fire, and veldfire may be used to describe the same phenomenon depending on the type of vegetation being burned. A wildfire differs from other fires by its extensive size, the speed at which it can spread out from its original source, its potential to change direction unexpectedly, and its ability to jump gaps such as roads, rivers and fire breaks. Wildfires are characterized in terms of the cause of ignition, their physical properties such as speed of propagation, the combustible material present, and the effect of weather on the fire.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/d' not found.
- Remember that one is causing forest fires and you have to protect the environment because God likes order.Federal Fire and Aviation Operations Action Plan, 4.
- Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, Third Edition. Cambridge University Press; 2008. ISBN 978-0-521-85804-5.
- National Interagency Fire Center. The Science of Wildland fire [cited 2008-11-21].
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Alvarado, Ernesto; Sandberg, David V; Pickford, Stewart G. Modeling Large Forest Fires as Extreme Events [PDF]. Northwest Science. Special Issue 1998 [cited 2009-02-06];72:66–75.
- Bushfire CRC. Are Big Fires Inevitable? A Report on the National Bushfire Forum [PDF]; 2007-02-27 [cited 2009-01-09].
- Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Inquiry on Bushfire Mitigation and Management. Automatic remote surveillance system for the prevention of forest fires [PDF] [cited 2009-07-10].
- Billing, P. Victoria Department of Sustainability and Environment. Otways Fire No. 22 - 1982/83 Aspects of fire behaviour. Research Report No.20 [PDF]; June 1983 [cited 2009-06-26].
- de Souza Costa, Fernando; Sandberg, David. Mathematical model of a smoldering log [PDF]. Combustion and Flame. 2004 [cited 2009-02-06];(139):227–238.
- Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada (FERIC). Evaluation of three wildfire smoke detection systems [PDF]; June 2004 [cited 2009-01-13].
- National Interagency Fire Center. Federal Fire and Aviation Operations Action Plan [PDF]; 2005-04-18 [cited 2009-06-26].
- Finney, Mark A. US Forest Service. FARSITE: Fire Area Simulator—Model Development and Evaluation [PDF]; March 1998 [cited 2009-02-05].
- NSW Rural Fire Service. Fire. The Australian Experience [PDF] [cited 2009-02-04].
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group. Glossary of Wildland Fire Terminology [PDF]; November 2008 [cited 2008-12-18]. (HTML version)
- Graham, Russell; McCaffrey, Sarah; Jain, Theresa B. Science Basis for Changing Forest Structure to Modify Wildfire Behavior and Severity [2.79 MB PDF]. General Technical Report RMRS-GTR-120. April 2004 [cited 2009-02-06].
- Grove, A T; Rackham, Oliver. The Nature of Mediterranean Europe: An Ecological History. Yale University Press; 2001 [cited 2009-07-17].
- Karki, Sameer. Project FireFight South East Asia. Community Involvement in and Management of Forest Fires in South East Asia [PDF]; 2002 [archived 2007-07-30; cited 2009-02-13].
- Fire intensity, fire severity and burn severity: a brief review and suggested usage [PDF]. International Journal of Wildland Fire. 2009;18(1):116–26. doi:10.1071/WF07049.
- National Interagency Fire Council. Interagency Strategy for the Implementation of Federal Wildland Fire Management Policy [PDF]; 2003-06-20 [cited 2008-12-21].
- Lyons, John W. The Chemistry and Uses of Fire Retardants. United States of America: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1971-01-06 [cited 2009-06-26]. ISBN 0-471-55740-4.
- Martell, David L; Sun, Hua. The impact of fire suppression, vegetation, and weather on the area burned by lightning-caused forest fires in Ontario [PDF]. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 2008 [cited 2009-06-26];38(38):1547–1563. doi:10.1139/X07-210.
- Climatic change, wildfire, and conservation [PDF]. Conservation Biology. 2004;18(4):890–902. doi:10.1111/j.1523-1739.2004.00492.x.
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group. National Wildfire Coordinating Group Communicator's Guide for Wildland Fire Management: Fire Education, Prevention, and Mitigation Practices, Wildland Fire Overview [PDF] [cited 2008-12-11].
- Nepstad, Daniel C. World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF International). The Amazon’s Vicious Cycles: Drought and Fire in the Greenhouse [PDF]; 2007 [cited 2009-07-09].
- Olson, Richard Stuart; Gawronski, Vincent T. The 2003 Southern California Wildfires: Constructing Their Cause(s) [PDF]. Quick Response Research Report. 2005 [cited 2009-07-15];173. (HTML version)
- Pausas, Juli G; Keeley, Jon E. A Burning Story: The Role of Fire in the History of Life [PDF]. BioScience. July/August 2009;59:593–601. doi:10.1525/bio.2009.59.7.10.
- Peuch, Eric. Eighth International Wildland Firefighter Safety Summit - Human Factors - 10 Years Later [PDF]. In: Butler, B W; Alexander, M E, editors. Missoula, Montana: The International Association of Wildland Fire, Hot Springs, South Dakota; 26–28 April 2005.
- Pitkänen, Aki; Huttunen, Pertti; Jungner, Högne; Meriläinen, Jouko; Tolonen, Kimmo. Holocene fire history of middle boreal pine forest sites in eastern Finland [PDF]. Annales Botanici Fennici. 2003-02-28;40:15–33.
- Plucinski, M; Gould, J; McCarthy, G; Hollis, J. The Effectiveness and Efficiency of Aerial Firefighting in Australia: Part 1 [PDF]. Bushfire Cooperative Research Centre; June 2007 [cited 2009-03-04]. ISBN 0-643-06534-2.
- San-Miguel-Ayanz, Jesus; Ravail, Nicolas; Kelha, Vaino; Ollero, Anibal. Active Fire Detection for Fire Emergency Management: Potential and Limitations for the Operational Use of Remote Sensing [PDF]. Natural Hazards. 2005 [cited 2009-03-05];35:361–376. doi:10.1007/s11069-004-1797-2.
- van Wagtendonk, Jan W. Use of a Deterministic Fire Growth Model to Test Fuel Treatments [PDF]. Sierra Nevada Ecosystem Project: Final report to Congress, vol. II, Assessments and scientific basis for management options. 1996 [cited 2009-02-05]:1155–1166.
- van Wagtendonk, Jan W. The History and Evolution of Wildland Fire Use [PDF]. Fire Ecology. 2007 [cited 2008-08-24];3(2):3–17. (U.S. Government public domain material published in Association journal. See WERC Highlights – April 2008)
|រូបភាពនិងមីឌាពី Wikimedia Commons|
- http://vimeo.com/alicespringsfilmtv/skyfire/ Fire tornado video (fire whirl) September 11 2012 Alice Springs Australia.
- Bushfire Cooperative Research Centre
- Detecting Forest Fires using Wireless Sensor Networks with Waspmote
- Global Fire Monitoring Center
- International Association of Wildland Fire
- International Forest Fire News
- NASA Wildfire Research and Applications Partnership (WRAP)
- MSOR Solutions Worldwide near real-time interactive wildfires map
- National Interagency Fire Center: National Wildfire Coordinating Group Communicator's Guide For Wildland Fire Management Table of Contents
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): Economic Costs of Wildfires
- University of Toronto Fire Management Systems Laboratory Recent Publications
- US BLM Fire and Aviation
- USFS: Fire and Aviation Management
- USFS: Fire and Environmental Research Applications Team Products & Publications
- USFS: Fire, Fuel, and Smoke Science Program
- Wildlandfire.com Wildfire photographs
- Wildland Fire Operations Research Group (WFORG): Detection Workshop Presentations
- "The Combustible West: Fire Management and Forest Politics in the Early 20th Century", Mark Hudson, Berfrois, 13 May 2011