|អត្ថបទនេះ ត្រូវការអាគតដ្ឋានបន្ថែមដើម្បីផ្ទៀងផ្ទាត់។ សូមជួយបន្សើរអត្ថបទនេះ ដោយការបន្ថែមឯកសារយោងអាចទុកចិត្តបាន។ ខ្លឹមសារគ្មានប្រភពត្រូវផ្គូរផ្គង ហើយ ដកចេញ។ (February 2010)|
Indochina or Indo-China is a peninsula in Southeast Asia lying roughly southwest of China, and east of India. The name has its origins in the French Indochine as a combination of the names of "India" and "China", referring to the location of the territory between those two countries, though the majority of people in the region are neither Chinese nor Indian. The term may also be used in biogeography for the "Indochinese Region", a major biogeographical region within the Indomalaya ecozone.
The countries of mainland Southeast Asia received cultural influence from both India and China to varying degrees. Some cultures, such as those of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand are influenced mainly by India with a smaller influence from China. Others, such as Vietnam, are more heavily influenced by Chinese culture with only minor cultural influences from India, largely via the Champa civilization that Vietnam conquered during its southward expansion.
The historical term French Indochina was a federation of French colonies and protectorates, that France named Cochinchina, Tonkin, Annam, Laos and Cambodia. France had an imperial presence in the region between 1884 and 1954. France withdrew from southeast Asia following the loss of the Indochina War.
Indochina had boundaries imposed by France as a result of military conquests in the region, encompassing areas that are now modern Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. The subjects of the colony were not homogenous; rather, Indochina was a "separate entity, it was largely unrelated to the cultural, geographical, and racial elements which shaped the people and governments of its constituent parts".
The former historical territories of French Indochina comprise the following:
The broader geographic and cultural region otherwise known as Mainland Southeast Asia further includes:
- Burma (also Myanmar—part of British India until 1937)
- Thailand (formerly Siam)
- Peninsular Malaysia
- sometimes Singapore
Although the name "Indochina" is today a political anachronism, it is still sometimes used to refer to the "Indochinese Region" to mean a major biogeographical region in the Indomalaya ecozone, and also a phytogeographical floristic region in the Paleotropical Kingdom. It includes the native flora and fauna of all the countries above. The adjacent Malesian Region covers the Maritime Southeast Asian countries, and straddles the Indomalaya and Australasian ecozones.
- East Indies
- French Indochina
- Malay Peninsula
- Maritime Southeast Asia
- Indochina War
- Indochina Time UTC+7
- Zomia (geography)
- Mainland Southeast Asia linguistic area
- Annam (French protectorate)
- Marion Severynse, រៀ. (1997)។ The Houghton Mifflin Dictionary Of Geography។ Houghton Mifflin Company។ ល.ស.ប.អ. 0-395-86448-8។
- St. John, Robert Bruce (1998)។ Clive H. Schofield។ រៀ.។ The land boundaries of Indochina: Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam (Boundary and territory briefing រ.រ.)។ IBRU។ ទំ. 1។ ល.ស.ប.អ. 9781897643327។
- History of the mountain people of southern Indochina up to 1945 (Bernard Bourotte, i.e. Jacques Méry, U.S. Agency for International Development, 195?
- (អង់គ្លេស) (បារាំង) The Colonization of Indochina from 1892
- (ប៊ុលហ្គារី) www.indochina.ro Romanian travel site for Indochina
ឥណ្ឌូចិន មកពីពាក្យ ឥណ្ឌា + ចិន
ឧបទ្វីបឥណ្ឌូចិនពីដើមមាន៖ អាណាចក្រខ្មែរ(Khmer Empire), ប្រទេសភូមា, ប្រទេសម៉ាឡេស៊ី, ប្រទេសលាវ, ប្រទេសចំប៉ា(ចាម) (បច្ចុប្បន្នជាទឺកដីភូមិភាគកណ្តាល នៃប្រទេសវៀតណាម, ប្រទេសតុងកឹង(យួន)ពីដើមនៅជាប់ព្រំប្រទល់ប្រទេសចិន។
- តាមន័យទូលាយ ឧបទ្វីបឥណ្ឌូចិនបច្ចុប្បន្នមាន៖ ប្រទេសមីយ៉ាន់ម៉ា, ប្រទេសថៃ(សៀម), ប្រទេសម៉ាឡេស៊ី, ប្រទេសកម្ពុជា, ប្រទេសឡាវ, ប្រទេសវៀតណាម(យួន) និងប្រទេសសិង្ហបុរី។
- តាមន័យប្រាកដ ឧបទ្វីបឥណ្ឌូចិនសំដៅតែលើប្រទេសក្រោមអាណានិគមបារាំងទាំង៣គឺប្រទេសកម្ពុជា ឡាវ និង វៀតណាម។
សាសនាសំខាន់នៅតំបន់នេះគឺព្រះពុទ្ឋសាសនាហីនយាន (ថេរវាទ) និង មហាយាន។