- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
- ១ Bot bit request SieBot
- ២ Bot status for PipepBot
- ៣ BotMultichill
- ៤ AlleborgoBot
- ៥ Bot Status for Purbo T
- ៦ Idioma-bot
- ៧ Synthebot
- ៨ Bot policy
- ៩ km.wikipedia using Google's Chrome
- ១០ thanks
- ១១ The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live
- ១២ Translatewiki.net update
- ១៣ Thank you
- ១៤ How can we improve the usability for your language
Please give a bot bit to SieBot, so it will not flood your RC as it adds interwiki links using pywikipedia's interwiki.py. SieBot is active on 200 Wikipedias. See the user page of the bot for more details, or check a complete overview of its activities here. Cheers! Siebrand (talk) Siebrand ១៦:២១, ១៨ សីហា ២០០៧ (UTC)
- Done. —Pathoschild ១៩:៣៦, ៧ កញ្ញា ២០០៧ (UTC)
Hello! I ask for permission to run my interwiki bot PipepBot here, and to get a bot flag for it.
- Operator: it:User:Pipep
- Purpose: Interwiki
- Software: Pywikipedia
- Has bot flag at: als, am, an, ar, ast, az, bat-smg, be, be-x-old, bn, bs, ca, ce, ceb, cs, cv, da, de, en, eo, et, fo, fr, frp, fur, fy, ga, gd, hr, ht, hy, id, ie, ilo, io, is, ja, ka, ksh, la, lb, li, lij, ln, lv, mk, ml, ms, nap, nds, nds-nl, nn, no, pms, rm, ro, roa-tara, ru-sib, scn, sh, simple, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, te, th, tl, udm, uk, vec, vo, wa, zea, zh-yue
- Details: Interwiki using Pywikipediabot. It mostly runs manually assisted. May run automatically in some cases.
Thank you! --it:User:Pipep ១៩:០៧, ១៩ សីហា ២០០៧ (UTC)
Hi, i request a bot bit for BotMultichill.
- Botmaster : Multichill
- Bot's name : BotMultichill
- List of botflags on others wikipedias: about 100+ atm (see meta:User:Multichill for the current list)
- Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia)
- Technical details : BotMultichill is an interwiki bot starting at the Dutch wikipedia. The bot uses the pywikipedia framework and runs day and night in autonomous mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts. Multichill ១៤:២៥, ៦ កញ្ញា ២០០៧ (UTC)
Hi, i request a bot flag for AlleborgoBot
- Operator: Alleborgo
- Automatic or Manually Assisted: Automatic, in "-autonomous" mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts.
- Programming Language(s): Pywikipedia framework daily updated to the last SVN version
- Function Summary: interwiki
- Already has a bot flag in: ar, am, an, ast, az, bar, bat-smg, bg, br, bn, bpy, bs, ca, ceb, cs, cv, da, de, el, en, eo, es, et, eu, fa, fi, fiu-vro, fr, frp, fy, ga, gl, he, hr, hsb, ht, hu, hy, id, is, it, iu, ja, jv, ka, kk, ksh, ku, lb, li, lmo, ln, lt, lv, mk, mi, ml, mr, ms, mt, nap, nds, nds-nl, nl, nn, no, pl, pms, ps, pt, ro, roa-tara, ru, sco, sh, sk, simple, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, ta, tg, th, to, tr, tt, udm, uk, ur, vec, vi, vls, vo, zh, zh-classical, zh-min-nan, zh-yue. On it.wiki has done more than 65000 edit.
Thanks --AlleborgoBot ១៩:៥៨, ៣ វិច្ឆិកា ២០០៧ (UTC)
- AlleborgoBot has the flag now, thank you. --AlleborgoBot ១៩:១៧, ២៨ វិច្ឆិកា ២០០៧ (UTC)
- Operator: User:Purodha = ksh:User:Purodha
- Function: interwiki link maintenance
- Operation: manually-assisted, occasionally in automatic or autonomous mode, starting mostly from the Wikipedia of Ripuarian languages
- Software: pywikipediabot framework updated daily from svn
- Already flagged on: more pending.
- Generally, there is cumulated data on the bot (sorry, due to current technical problems at the toolserver, the data is partially not up to date)
Thank you! --Purodha Blissenbach ២២:០៣, ១៤ កុម្ភះ ២០០៨ (UTC)
Hi, I request a bot flag for Idioma-bot
- Operator: lt:User:Hugo.arg
- Automatic or Manually Assisted: Automatic and manually
- Programming Language(s): Pywikipedia framework daily updated to the last SVN version
- Function Summary: interwiki
- Already has a bot flag in: more than 100 wikipedias (en, es, et, fr, de, lt, pl, ru, ja, zh, lv, pt, hr, sr...)
lt:User:Hugo.arg១៤:១៦, ១៨ មិនា ២០០៨ (UTC)
- The bot flag has been set --Dungodung ២០:៤៧, ២៥ មិនា ២០០៨ (UTC)
Dear all, this is to request a bot flag for Synthebot. Its technical information is summarized below.
- Operator: Julian Mendez
- Automatic or Manually Assisted: mostly automatic in autonomous mode; sometimes manually assisted to solve interwiki conflicts
- Programming Language(s): pywikipedia
- Function Summary: interwiki links
- Already has a bot flag on: more than 80 wikipedias, see SUL table
- Already done. Jafeluv ម៉ោង១៤:២៣ ថ្ងៃអង្គារ ទី០៥ ខែមេសា ឆ្នាំ២០១១ (UTC)
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in one week if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Julian ម៉ោង១៥:៥៧ ថ្ងៃច័ន្ទ ទី២២ ខែកញ្ញា ឆ្នាំ២០០៨ (UTC)
- Done. —Pathoschild ២២:២៨:២៥, ២៥ ខែតុលា ២០០៨ (UTC)
km.wikipedia using Google's Chrome[កែប្រែ]
Hoi, I blogged about the Kmher Wikipedia in Chrome on my system. It looks pretty bad. Please help yourself and find out what goes wrong here. We really need to get this solved, when we get the best analysis from you and get this to Google as well, we are likely to solve a lot of issues that have to do with supporting languages in the Wikimedia Foundation. Thanks, GerardM ម៉ោង១២:៥១ ថ្ងៃអាទិត្យ ទី២១ ខែធ្នូ ឆ្នាំ២០០៨ (UTC)
I never use chrome but i`ll try one day.......... thanks --T-Rithy ម៉ោង១៣:៥៥ ថ្ងៃអាទិត្យ ទី២១ ខែធ្នូ ឆ្នាំ២០០៨ (UTC)
The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live[កែប្រែ]
The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.
The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner
What this means for you[កែប្រែ]
Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.
Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.
Why localise at translatewiki.net[កែប្រែ]
When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.
- Currently 88.84% of the MediaWiki messages and 47.27% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ម៉ោង១០:០៦ ថ្ងៃពុធ ទី៣០ ខែកញ្ញា ឆ្នាំ២០០៩ (UTC)
- Currently 87.75% of the MediaWiki messages and 45.35% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ម៉ោង១២:៣១ ថ្ងៃអាទិត្យ ទី០១ ខែវិច្ឆិកា ឆ្នាំ២០០៩ (UTC)
- Currently 87.40% of the MediaWiki messages and 47.21% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ម៉ោង១៥:០៤ ថ្ងៃច័ន្ទ ទី០៧ ខែធ្នូ ឆ្នាំ២០០៩ (UTC)
- Currently 87.21% of the MediaWiki messages and 46.59% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM ម៉ោង១៣:២៦ ថ្ងៃច័ន្ទ ទី១១ ខែមករា ឆ្នាំ២០១០ (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
- Yes, completed the last message in most-used MediaWiki. :) --វ័ណថារិទ្ធ ម៉ោង១៥:៥៦ ថ្ងៃពុធ ទី៣០ ខែកញ្ញា ឆ្នាំ២០០៩ (UTC)
How can we improve the usability for your language[កែប្រែ]
We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly
The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues .
When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.
We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues . The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.
PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM ម៉ោង១០:០៦ ថ្ងៃពុធ ទី៣០ ខែកញ្ញា ឆ្នាំ២០០៩ (UTC)