- For a more detailed description of what importing is, see Help:Import.
To gain access to the local import tool one must place a request on the request for permissions. This is only required for the first instance of granting the tool. Subsequent grants can be accomplished by placing the task request on the Administrators' noticeboard. An attending bureaucrat will grant the tool.
The editor must meet certain requirements.
- Gain a local consensus
- Have a minimum of three months on the project
- Have a minimum of 200 mainspace edits on the project
- Have a clear task
Once all the requirements are met, a local bureaucrat will issue the flag. The same will remove the flag once the task is done.
With the importer tool, if you need it, get it. Once you are done, give it back.
- Go to Special:Import
- Enter the name of the page to import.
- Uncheck "copy all history revisions for this page" if you want only the most recent line of history to be imported over.
- Be cautious to not check the box to bring all the templates over, this feature will overwrite many templates, even ones you don't intend to overwrite.
Please import the page to mainspace and convert there. If this can not be accomplished in a reasonable time an Administrator will either delete or userfy the page.