The WikiProject Council is a group of Wikipedians gathered to encourage—and assist with—the development of active WikiProjects, and to act as a central point for inter-WikiProject discussion and collaboration.
- Provide recommendations on current best practices in WikiProject structure and operation, and encourage and assist individual WikiProjects interested in adopting these ideas and taking a more active role in the development of the encyclopedia.
- Assist in coordinating the work of independent sub-projects with their parent projects, and of projects having overlapping scopes with each other.
- Provide a central forum for discussions on issues of interest to a wide range of WikiProjects, including inter-project collaborations and Wikipedia-wide programs.
- Accept proposals or requests for new projects, and assist in their creation; or, alternately, point those making the requests to the appropriate existing projects when applicable ones already exist.
- Maintain a comprehensive directory of active WikiProjects and the notable departments or programs (such as article assessments, peer reviews, or collaborations) associated with each.
To take part in the Council's activities, please visit the talk page and join in our discussions; we do not maintain a formal list of members, so there's no need to sign up.