Help for translate[កែប្រែ]
Hello and sorry for writing in English. Can anyone help me translate a small article (2 paragraphs) from English to your language and create the article in your wiki? Please, fell free to answer in my talk page in your wiki anytime. Thanks! Xaris333 (ការពិភាក្សា) ម៉ោង០០:១៥ ថ្ងៃព្រហស្បតិ៍ ទី១៤ ខែសីហា ឆ្នាំ២០១៤ (UTC)
The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days[កែប្រែ]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. សូមអរគុណ!
As per previous announcements earlier this year, the visual editor (ឧបករណ៍កែប្រែតាមគំហើញ) will be enabled at this Wikipedia in some days. It allows people to edit articles as if they were using a typical word processor. Here's a quick explanation of what is going to happen: you can find a more detailed one, with pictures, at mediawiki.org.
- What's changing?
- In the new system, you get a single edit tab which follows your preferences, and that therefore will launch the wikitext editor or the visual editor depending on which one you opened the last (ចងចាំមុខងារកែប្រែដែលខ្ញុំបានប្រើចុងក្រោយ).
This applies to everyone who edited recently, including anonymous users.
- How do I switch to the other editor then?
- Buttons on the toolbars of both editors were added months ago so that you can switch from one to the other every time you want to, without losing your changes and without having to save first.
The button, located on the right side of the toolbar, looks like square brackets ([[ ]]) in the visual editor, and like a pencil () in the wikitext editor.
- Are there other options available?
- Yes. You can choose whether you want:
- អោយខ្ញុំប្រើមុខងារកែប្រែតាមគំហើញជានិច្ចបើអាច (if you temporarily switch to the wikitext editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it; also, it only applies to namespaces where the visual editor is available).
- អោយខ្ញុំប្រើមុខងារកែប្រែកូដ (if you temporarily switch to the visual editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it)
- បង្ហាញថេបមុខងារកែប្រែទាំងពីរ (a system in place at multiple wikis since 2013. You are familiar with this option if you have been using the visual editor here.)
- Please note: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- How do I set my preference?
- If you want to try or to stay in the new system: you don't need to do anything.
- If you had explicitly disabled the visual editor in the past and want to keep it disabled: you don't need to do anything.
- All the registered users have a dropdown menu in the Editing tab of their Preferences (កំណែប្រែ --> ម៉ូដកែប្រែ៖), where they can choose from. This only needs to be done once. Don't forget to save ;)
- Users with the visual editor disabled need to re-enable it if they're interested in accessing that menu!
- People who use the visual editor regularly will see a pop-up (only once after the single edit tab system is introduced), and they can choose their favorite setting there. Of course, they can change their mind at any time just like the others, and pick a different setting from their Preferences.
- Anonymous users who have used the visual editor recently will also be able to choose which editor they want to edit with.
- Reminder: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- Final remarks
- Please spread the word about this major change in any way that you deem appropriate for this community, by linking to this announcement elsewhere, putting up a site notice, etc. Please note it will affect all the registered users at first, and after some days it will reach logged-out contributors as well if no major technical issues have arisen. Don't hesitate to ask questions, I'll be around for a while to help!
- Please do let us know about any anomalies you think you're experiencing, and do post any other feedback below. I'd like to thank everyone who works to make the transition easier for this community, and whoever will help me processing feedback in your language.
- You can learn more about optimizing the visual editor experience here by reading a guide on mediawiki.org.
The visual editor is now active here[កែប្រែ]
Hello again. This message is only available in English at this time: Please help translate to your language. សូមអរគុណ!
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (ឧបករណ៍កែប្រែតាមគំហើញ) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose/go back to your favorite setting, please see my previous announcement above. If you wish to change your editing system preferences now, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> កំណែប្រែ --> ម៉ូដកែប្រែ៖.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "កែប្រែតាមគំហើញ" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at email@example.com or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
Happy editing! Respectfully, Elitre (WMF) --ម៉ោង១៨:៥៦ ថ្ងៃអង្គារ ទី១១ ខែតុលា ឆ្នាំ២០១៦ (UTC)
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here. Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
ESEAP Conference 2018[កែប្រែ]
Hello Khmer Wikipedians,
Scholarship applications for ESEAP Conference 2018 is now open!
ESEAP Conference 2018 is a regional conference for Wikimedia communities around the ESEAP regions. ESEAP stands for East, Southeast Asia, and Pacific. Taking place in Bali, Indonesia on 5-6 May 2018, this is the first regional conference for the Wikimedia communities around the regions.
Full scholarships are subject to quotas, maximum two people per country and your country is eligible to apply, visit this page.
We also accept submissions of several formats, including:
- Workshop & Tutorial: these are presentations with a focus on practical work directed either to acquiring a specific skill or doing a specific task. Sessions are 55 minutes led by the presenters in a classroom space suitable for laptops and work.
- Posters: A2-size format to give news, share your community event/program, set out an idea, propose a concept, or explain a problem. The poster itself must be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons with a suitable license.
- Short Presentation/Sharing talks: 10-15 minutes presentation on certain topic.
Deadline for submissions and scholarship applications is on 15 March 2018.
Help Improving Search for Khmer[កែប្រែ]
Hello! Sorry for writing in English. Please help translate to your language.
I'm trying to improve search on Khmer wikis by automatically re-ordering the characters in Khmer text so that words that look the same will be matches when searching. For example, សាស្ត្រាចារ្យ and សាស្រ្តាចារ្យ. The first one has (ស + ្ត + ្រ) and the second has (ស + ្រ + ្ត). The first one gets 152 results on Khmer Wikipedia and the second gets 67 results. I'd like them both to get all the results.
I need help reviewing the syllables I've re-ordered to make sure they are correct. I also have found some syllables that I don't understand, and I would appreciate any help to explain them. The examples, with context, are on Mediawiki. Comments here or on the discussion page there would be very helpful.
Improving the translation support for the Khmer Wikipedia[កែប្រែ]
Sorry about not being able to write in Khmer.
Content translation has been successful in supporting the translation process on many Wikipedia communities, and we want to help additional wikis with potential to grow using translation as part of a new initiative.
Content translation facilitates the creation of Wikipedia articles by translating content from other languages. It has been used already to create more than half a million articles. In addition, the tool provides mechanisms to encourage the creation of good quality content, preventing the publication of lightly edited machine translations. In general, our analysis shows that the translations produced are less likely to be deleted than the articles started from scratch.
Khmer Wikipedia editors have used Content translation to create more than a hundred articles. Given the size of the editing community, we think that there is potential to use translation to create more articles, expand existing ones, and attract new editors that learn how to make productive edits. Translation can help the community to reduce the language gap with other languages and grow the number of editors in a sustainable way. In order to achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with you to make Content translation more visible in the Khmer Wikipedia and support new ways to translate.
As a first step, during the next weeks we plan to enable Content translation by default on the Khmer Wikipedia. That will make it easy for users to discover the tool through several entry points. However, users not interested in translation will still be able to disable it from their preferences.
Please feel free to share any comment in this conversation thread.
Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![កែប្រែ]
Please help translate to your language
You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.
You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.
Wiki loves Folklore International Team
Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globally[កែប្រែ]
Please help translate to your language
I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.
In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.
This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.
As far as I can see, វិគីភីឌា currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.
I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.
Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.
Hi! I created mw:Extension:FileImporter/Data/km.wikipedia so now it is easy to move files to Commons. Just make sure to check the file before moving it. If you need help feel free to ping me. --MGA73 (ការពិភាក្សា) ម៉ោង១២:០១ ថ្ងៃសៅរ៍ ទី២៩ ខែឧសភា ឆ្នាំ២០២១ (UTC)
Files with no license[កែប្រែ]
Hi! Some users have uploaded one or more files with no license. All files on Wikipedia need a license. If no license is added the file have to be deleted.
So all users should check the files they have uploaded and check if all information is correct and if there is a license.
I am currently adding the files in ចំណាត់ថ្នាក់ក្រុម:Files with no license. There is a link in the top of the category you can click to see which file(s) you uploaded without a license (if any). It will take a few hours to add all files (about 850 in total) so if you check now there may be more later.
I plan to leave a message on the talk pages of the users that have uploaded files without a license once all files are added to the category.